Nothing happening in Japan could compete with a much bigger, more important moment: my mother's birthday. Happy birthday, mom! I feel terrible that I can't give you a big hug in person, but I hope it was a good one!
I think my mom would be glad to know that we spent the day at the beach, because she loves going to the beach more than just about anything else in the world. Our visit to Endoshima Beach, unlike many of the days on this trip, was laid-back and relaxing. This post will be a photo journal for the most part, because the pictures tell the story at least as well as any description I could write.
Tomorrow is our last full day in Japan. I will be sad to leave, but also happy to remember the great friends and memories I have made during my time here.
I think my mom would be glad to know that we spent the day at the beach, because she loves going to the beach more than just about anything else in the world. Our visit to Endoshima Beach, unlike many of the days on this trip, was laid-back and relaxing. This post will be a photo journal for the most part, because the pictures tell the story at least as well as any description I could write.
The train ride from Tokyo to Endoshima Beach took an hour and a half
Arriving at Endoshima
The Olympic sailing events will be held at Endoshima in 2020
We spent some time lounging on the beach, throwing around a football and swimming
After lunch the skies turned gray.
The rain begins
We found shelter from the downpour. At one point, it even started hailing.
Walking to a nearby island to explore
A shrine built into the hill
The top had some great views
Thinking deep thoughts as our trip nears its end
Dinner: salmon, vegetables, rice, miso soup, and octopus pudding (the pudding was
the only food I tried during the entire time I have been in Japan that I could not stomach).
Tomorrow is our last full day in Japan. I will be sad to leave, but also happy to remember the great friends and memories I have made during my time here.


awwww, buddy, thank you!!! And you're right, there is no place i'd rather spend my birthday than the beach!! Hope you got some crisp tan lines! see you soon xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHaha, I thought you'd approve!
DeleteHi Kell, hard to believe Day 20! What a great trip & great memories!
ReplyDeleteI know it, Pa! Went by too quickly.
Delete